Indian Navy Course Jan 2018- Indian Navy invites unmarried Men and Women to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commission Officer as PILOT/AIR Traffic Controller for the course commencing Jan 2018.
Eligibility Condition for the Indian Navy Course Jan 2018 are-
(1) Candidates who have passed Engineering degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course (with Physics & Maths in 12th Standard) in any discipline from a recognized university / educational institute with 60% marks till 5th / 7th semester, in regular / integrated course respectively. For ATC entry, the candidate must have 60% aggregate marks in class X and XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class XII.
(2) Call up for SSB : Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their academic performance.
(3) Minimum %age on joining INA : The candidates will, however, be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% marks. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
Age Limit :
(i) ATC : Born between 02 Jan 1993 and 01 Jan 1997; both dates inclusive.
(ii) Pilot (MR) : Born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 1999; both dates inclusive.
(iii) Pilot (other than MR) : Born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 1999; both dates inclusive
Pay Scale : Rs. 15600-39100/-
Physical Standards :
Eye Sight: Distant Vision 6/6, 6/9 Correctable to 6/6, 6/6 Should not be colour blind/night blind
Height & Weight: 162.5 cms With correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
Eye Sight: Distant Vision 6/9, 6/9 Correctable to 6/6, 6/6 Should not be colour blind/night blind
Height & Weight: Male 157 cms Female 152 cms With correlated weight, as per age and height.
What is the process of Selection ?
There are 3 steps-
(1) SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from Jun 17 to Aug 17 at Bangalore for pilot, SSB interviews for ATC will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidate in their application form).
(2) The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests; consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will undergo medical examination (approx 3-5 days). Candidates of Pilot entry are also required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination.
(3) Candidates recommended by the SSBs, cleared PABT (for Pilot Entry) and declared medically fit will be appointed for training based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies available.
Training: Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lt. The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in the month of Jan 2018 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst under training.
Pilot Entry: Pilot candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval orientation course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force Academy/Naval Establishment/Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udaan Academy (IGRUA). On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings
ATC Entry: Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments/Units/Ships.
Last Date- 31 March 2017
Advertisement- Click here
Note: The terms and conditions, given in this advertisement, are subject to change and should, therefore, be treated as guidelines only. Details are also available on website: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in