UPSC Examination 2014 for Combined GEO Scientist & Geologist published at www.upsconline.nic.in | upsconline jobs | Ministry of Mines Jobs | Sarkari Naukri UPSC | Geophysicial Jobs | Online Application Form
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conduct GEO Scientist & Geologist examination 2014. Recently, UPSC has been updated a notification on its official website for filling up GEO Scientist, Geologist, and Chemist jobs. A Competitive examination for recruitment to the said posts will be held by the Union Public Service Commission commencing from the 24th Mary, 2014. Interested candidates may apply for UPSC jobs before the last date.
Details for UPSC Jobs 2014
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
* Geologist, Group A – posts: 100
* Geophysicist, Group A – posts: 80
* Chemist, Group A – posts: 80
Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
* Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) – posts: 05
Total Vacancies: 265 ( Ten (10) Reserved posts for Physically Challenged)
Educational Qualification for UPSC jobs 2014
1. For Geologist- Master’s degree in Geological Science / Geology / Applied Geology / Geo-Exploration / Mineral Exploration / Engineering Geology / Marine Geology / Earth Science and Resource Management / Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies / Petroleum Geoscience / Petroleum Exploration / Geochemistry / Geological Technology / Geophysical Technology from a recognized Unvierstiy / Institution
2. For Geophysicists – M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics / Geophysics / Applied Geophysics / Marine Geophysics from a recognized University.
3. Chemist – M.Sc. in Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry from a recognized University.
4. Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) – Master’s degre in Hydrogeology from a recongized University/ Institution.
* For Category-I : Candidates age should be between 21 to 32 years.
* For Category-II: Candidates age should be betwen 21 to 35 years.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking.
1. Starting Date for online submission of application form: 01 March, 2014
2. Closing Date for online Submission of Application form: 31 March, 2014
3. Date of Examination: 24th May, 2014
How to apply for UPSC Examination 2014?
Aspirants who’s eligible for mentioned UPSC Jobs 2014 may apply online by using www.upsconline.nic.in website between 01 March 2014 and 31 March, 2014 till 11.59 P.M.
Click on the image for Instructions for Filling Online Applications:
Click here for apply online
Official website: www.upsconline.nic.in